Gestionnaire de projets (ON)
Main responsibilities include performing installation tasks for audio visual projects including but not limited to cable pulls, cable terminations, system equipment and components, rack fabrication/wiring, layout for equipment and metal fabrication.
In this crucial role, the Lead AV Installation Technician will assume start to delivery project responsibilities and may be expected to lead and manage installation crews. The lead technician will also have testing, reporting progress status and ensuring projects meet timeline, scope, budget, quality, safety and customer satisfaction standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform hands on installation.
- Communicate effectively, clearly and professionally with key contacts such as the customer and other trades.
- Demonstrate job site leadership, provide mentorship to all site Technicians.
- Read and interpret electronic schematics and architectural blueprints
- Use hand and power tools to solder and crimp connectors along with various other installation system related tasks
- Test point to point cabling and functionality of systems
- Test codes for control and DSP systems – field load as necessary
- Make minor programming changes under the direction of an engineer or programmer
- Track, manage and secure all associated equipment and tools on jobsite
- Install projector and screen support structure when necessary. Wall backing, C-Channel mounting etc.
- Perform client training overview when required
- Other duties assigned as needed
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Cool, calm and professional
- Leadership skills
- Work under pressure with time sensitive deadlines
- Goal oriented, solutions driven.
- Sound understanding of all AV technology installation, functionality and operating procedures.
- Sound understanding of IT / computer technology including the ability to upload/download system programming, understanding of IP addressing and communications.
- Knowledge of complex wiring configurations and/or signal flow for audio, video, control.
- Minor control system programming changes and troubleshooting capabilities
- Knowledge and use of specific test equipment for required applications
- Knowledge and application of industry installation safety codes and standards.
Education & Experience:
- University degree or trade school equivalent preferred
- Minimum of 4+ years in the audiovisual or electronics related industry.
- Valid and current AVIXA CTS-I General Certification preferred
- Strong understanding and use of test equipment.
- Manufacturer training / certificates such Biamp, QSC, Crestron, AMX, Extron etc.
- Valid driver’s licence
- Comfortable working at heights and in confined spaces
- Able to work with basic handheld tools
- Must be able to pass a criminal records review
- Willing to travel on occasion anywhere throughout Canada